Every time I'm hungry I get a constant feeling like I'm going to gag. It makes me not want to eat, which makes it last longer. Why is this happening?

Dr. Garrett Norvell
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Reflux (GERD)

Hi! When we are preparing to eat, our stomach getsready to receive food by increasing acid ("enterogastric reflEx").
This may cause some discomfort. Also, and this part is speculation, this could lead to acid reflUx ("GERD") into the esophagus which is commonly reported as a gagging sensation. You can try taking over-the-counter antacid; if not helping, discuss further w/ a doctor.

In brief: Reflux (GERD)

Dr. Marsha Davis