From NJ,I was waiting for the elevator in my apartment in the 11 floor when the custodian was vacuuming the path near me.I am worried about Hantavirus

Pathology

In brief: What's the worry?

You are 26 years old and I'm glad you're reading up on health.
I am puzzled, though, as to why you think you can catch hantavirus or anything else from being around folks vacuum-cleaning. Hantavirus is mostly a disease of squalor transmitted by very close involvement with mouse droppings. The world is full of dangers, known and unknown, but fearing ordinary daily things is something you can't do.

In brief: What's the worry?

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Not to worry

Most cases of Hanta Virus are west of the Mississippi and none have been reported from NJ.
You probably have a greater chance of the elevator falling than getting Hanta Virus.

In brief: Not to worry

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine