Acidic indigestion in throat?

Indigestion. This could be chronic reflux from the esophagus (gerd). This problem can become serious if allowed to go unchecked for a prolonged period. See your local ENT doctor and perhaps a GI doctor to find out what is going on. In the mean time you can try otc Prilosec and head elvation at night as a temporary solution. Even if this works you still need an expert to check you out.
Yes. If you have acid indigestion, it would be good to be evaluated. There are many causes from gerd, erosive esophagitis, foreign body, gastric tumor, ulcer, and other causes. You need a good history and physical. If indicated, an egd may be done.