I had radiation therapy for prostate cancer 10 years ago. Since i've had psa tests yearly. The last three years the psa has risen 0.1, 0.4, 0.5. Does th?

In brief: Prostate cancer

A small percent of rad treated pts will recur even this late.
A urological eval is warranted. At your age that small amount of psa elevation should not affect your longevity..

In brief: Prostate cancer

Dr. Francisco R. Rodriguez
Dr. Francisco R. Rodriguez
Dr. Kris Gast
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Rising PSA&CA

I have followed many pts for nearly 20 years now after rt for prostate cancer.
I definitely see a rise in the psa at about 8 years and again at 13 years. After each of these rises the psa levels off again and does not continue to climb exponentially. I have worked many a man up with lots of bone scans and cat scans and always find normal results.

In brief: Rising PSA&CA

Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. James Krick
I would agree that these changes are not likely significant.
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: At 85, very unlikely

Congratulate you for paddling alone well in coping with prostate cancer after radiation.
Now you have rising PSA after definite treatment which may happen up to 45-50% of so treated patients but is usually inconsequential for longevity and quality of life, but occasionally few. So, keep on annual or biannual PSA + DRE (digital rectal exam). Besides, it is worthwhile to follow alkaline phosphatase.

In brief: At 85, very unlikely

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Andrea Brand