Heel spur on back of foot &below back of foot. Achilles tendinitis visible bump on the side opposite of the ankle. Been years. Pains unbearable. Help?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Sick Achilles.

Your comments sound like the findings of a previous x-ray exam. I'm not sure what is meant by "bump on the opposite side of the ankle".
If it is in the Achilles tendon, then extreme pain, could make sense. It sounds as though there is something amiss with your Achilles tendon. It would make sense to immobilize the ankle, and begin non-weight bearing until tendon imaging studies can be performed

In brief: Sick Achilles.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine