Can a severe panic attack elevate troponin levels (0.12) in an otherwise healthy 34 year old male with no personal/family history of heart disease?

Yes, it can. Hi, thanks for the question. There are many different situations that can place enough stress on the heart to elevate troponins in the blood, including panic attacks and emotional stress. I would suggest you visit your doctor for an EKG and to schedule a stress test to help evaluate the vessels that supply your heart with blood. And if you experience chest pain, don't hesitate to go to your ER!