If my partner inserts his penis inside my vagina and we have sex can this cause a air embolism I'm 29 weeks pregnant?

Dr. Roger Duvivier

In brief: Probably not

The risk of air embolism during pregnancy seems to be primarily associated with oral sex (cunilingus) and blowing into the vaginal canal .
Good reliable scientific data on this very rare complication of pregnancy is needed to offer you an accurate answer. Your risk of air embolism if your "partner inserts his penis inside your vagina at 29 weeks" is probably so remote as to be negligible ..

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Ira Raff
Urology

In brief: Air embolism

where would air embolism come from the penis unless he has a fistula and the air get into the blood stream?

In brief: Air embolism

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology