Can I drink through a straw two weeks after top two wisdom teeth extraction (no stitches)? I am terrified of getting dry socket or causing any damage

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Wisdom teeth

You are past the danger of dry socket and an return to normal eating and drinking.
Call the extracting dentist if you have any questions, or concerns since they know your circumstances.

In brief: Wisdom teeth

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Pathology

In brief: Go ahead

Drinking through a straw is not likely to have any adverse effect.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.

In brief: Go ahead

Dr. Marsha Davis