Would getting a blood test for pregnancy be accurate 16 days after my last sexual encounter?

If positive. If the result on a correctly done test is positive at 16 days post-coitus, it would be accurate. If the result is negative, you should repeat the test in a week or so, unless you get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD. Practice safe sex.