Can i use sarotex against pstd is it helpfull?

Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Not typically initia

Will defer to additional comments from MDs, but in my experience Sarotex (amitriptyline) is not a first line treatment for PTSD.
It is sometimes used, but there's more efficacy data for SSRIs, and these are the only antidepressants approved by the FDA for PTSD. Exceptions occur base on side effects, therapeutic response, and other symptoms that might be part of the presenting problem.Best wishes

In brief: Not typically initia

Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
2 comments
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
I agree with Dr. Broadwell. The efficacy of tricyclic antidepressants as an overall strategy for PTSD is likely limited...though there may be aspects for which it can help such as in headache management, in some people improves relaxation/sleep. But you must use a TCA may I recommend NORTRIPTYLINE? Many less side effects than its PROTOTYPE cousin. Trade Name in U.S.- PAMELOR
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Thanks, Dr. Saghafi.