Is strep throat a symptom of HIV? M-M contact. No penetration. Possible saliva contact with anus. 6 days later, sore throat. Tested + for strep throat

Pathology

In brief: Test for HIV

Strep throat is not a sign of HIV, but acute HIV infection can also announce itself as a bad sore throat from which strep may grow.
It sounds like your contact was safe, it's too early to be sick from HIV from the guy, and as a grown man you should test for HIV yearly. Many, perhaps most, men do a little safe exploring with a friend at some time. I hope you'll value what happened, and love safely.

In brief: Test for HIV

Dr. Shontae Buffington