What is foot drop, how is it treated/managed. Diabetic neuropathy and diabetic vascular disease?

WHY? First, find the etiology/reason for the drop foot. You're so young to have PVD and neuropathy. Maybe a NCV and EMG. Then, start w/ some type of bracing before surgery.
Neuro-muscular. Foot drop is a manifestation of neuromuscular disorder from many causes, including, vitamin deficiency, lead poisoning, leprosy, alcoholism etc. You may consult this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/foot-drop/basics/causes/con-20032918.