43 years old with hypothyroidism. My FSH was normal. I am having hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain, irregular periods and mood swing? What?

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy

In brief: ? PCOS

Talk with your GYN.
Also make sure your thyroid is adequately corrected, consider dietary and other lifestyle changes such as regular aerobic physical activity. PCOS is polycystic ovary syndrome, a metabolic disorder, sometimes a prediabetic state. Pelvic ultrasound may also be done. You mentioned FSH being normal, not sure where in the cycle this was done, and if other lab work was also done?

In brief: ? PCOS

Talk with your GYN.
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: TSH needed

You need to have your MD re-check your TSH(Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) to make sure that the thyroid medication dose has been effective, as your symptoms can also come from that as well as possible peri menopause.

In brief: TSH needed

Dr. Adam Levy