How long should young adults avoid exercise after a course of Levofloxacin? I'm an active person, and afraid of the antibiotic's risk of tendonitis.

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: That complication-

-is while on the med.
It should clear by 2-3 days. So I assume U can resume activities as usual, but if U feel any tendon soreness stop & give it a few more days B 4 U resume.

In brief: That complication-

-is while on the med.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine

In brief: Variable

Tendonitis and tendon ruptures are certainly more common with this class of antibiotics called the quinolones.
How long the risk is after a course of antibiotics is variable among patients. The greatest risk is within the first 30 days of antibiotic use, with some risk likely up to 90 days after use. If I can help, then join my care team & virtual practice at www.healthtap.com/dr-clarkeholmes

In brief: Variable

Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine