I am21. I have been having problems with my blood pressur lately.Went to the ER and it was 159/99 hr was109 but I was sick how can control it w/o meds?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine

In brief: DASH diet & exercise

It appears from your question that you have had more than one elevated blood pressure which would confirm it as something to work on.
There is a diet called the dash diet (dietary approach to stopping hypertension) that has been shown to lower blood pressure. Basically, it is low salt, limited alcohol, lots of fruits and vegetables, and low-fat diary products. Check it out. Exercise helps too.

In brief: DASH diet & exercise

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: R/O secondary HTN

I agree with dr. Hartlaub on the importance of dash diet.
It is a bit unusual for a 21 yr old to have high BP with rapid hr (albeit u were sick). Please make sure you are evaluated for possible underlying causes for high blood pressure, such as hormonal reasons (hyperthyroidism, cushing's, pheochromocytoma, hyperaldosteronism, etc), kidney disase (renovascular hypertension, polycystic ovary, etc).

In brief: R/O secondary HTN

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Umesh Patel