Best OTC drug for lower back (waistline level) nerve pain? Aleve? Advil? Tylenol (acetaminophen)? Other?

Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: Depends

All are ok choices depends what helps you the most.
Do not take any of them long term. Not designed for that usage.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine

In brief: Varies

It depends on the patient.
Some respond to one med better than another. Any of these can provide a benefit. Aleve and Advil are anti-inflammatories and thus, have the potential to reduce inflammation, a common cause of low back pain. Tylenol (acetaminophen) works through the brain, but is not an anti-inflammatory. If I can help, then join my care team & virtual practice at www.healthtap.com/dr-clarkeholmes

In brief: Varies

It depends on the patient.
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Eric Weisman