I have panic attacks, heart palpitations, & severe anxiety. Could I have hyperthyroidism? I'm only 16! I also feel a pulse/twitch in my leg constantly

Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Need an exam

Your symptoms can be due to psychological factors, but may also be due to physical disorder. You need to see your MD for a physical exam. A simple blood test (T3, T4, TSH) can determine if you have a thyroid disorder. Your leg twitch may be due to panic/anxiety, but may be due to electrolyte imbalance (again blood test will tell).
If physical exam is normal, then see a psychologist using CBT.

In brief: Need an exam

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Panic symptoms

and thyroid issues can mimic one another. It is important for you to see your doc to see if you have thyroid or other medical concerns.
If cleared, then you can see a mental health professional for treatment of panic disorder. Please learn strategies to help, not only medication.

In brief: Panic symptoms

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology