Can you get an infection from your vibrator? I clean it after every use but my vagina is on fire and itches so bad what could it be? Yeast infection?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Vibrator hygiene

Vibrators should be cleansed after every use with mild soap and water, and if it is plastic and not latex a rubbing alcohol "wipe off".
Some vibrators will accept a condom covering prior to use which minimizes pH changes. If the vibrator still has soap or oil based lubricants on it pH changes yielding yeast infections are common. Have your GYN MD examine the vaginal discharge for an infection.

In brief: Vibrator hygiene

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Jane Van Dis