Where I'm taking Propecia (finasteride) for hair loss would I still be able to build muscle lifting since Propecia (finasteride) lowers dht and testosterone?

Dr. Nisha Chellam

In brief: Propecia (finasteride)

Hi RHyde, There have not been any significant studies that I have read that show any correlation between propecia (finasteride) and decreased ability to build muscle.
It is possible that other side effects may interfere with your muscle building activities. These include, but are not limited to, dizziness, drowsiness, and swelling.

In brief: Propecia (finasteride)

Pathology

In brief: It does not

"Propecia" blocks conversion of testosterone (your muscle-builder) to a related molecule that's more involved with hair loss.
I'm glad you're lifting. Building lean muscle will go a lot farther in making you look good than where you do and do not have hair. Photo Guy doesn't care; it's masculine. And it'll actually keep you healthy. Best wishes.

In brief: It does not

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine