Had an oophorectomy last week and was raped last night. Is it OK to take plan b? What kind of side effects would be expected?

Police report. I am so sorry to hear this news. Please go to the police for a forensic exam. This will make sure you are ok and begin the legal process. They will also provide you with support groups and counseling. The doctor will offer Plan B and do STD testing. No one deserves this and help is available.
A/W Dr. Livingston. I am so sorry to hear of this. Dr. Livingston did a good job of address legal issues. Potential side effects w emergency contraception include: menstrual flow changes (spotting, bleeding, early or late period), nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, headache, breast tenderness & abdominal pain or cramps. Take pregnancy test & notify dr if your period is 7 or > days late.