It appears to me that the proper placement of a dental implant is not that difficult to do by any dentist with a few years of experience in it. True?

In brief: Depends

Proper placement of a dental implant not only depends on the skill and experience of the practioner, but on the diagnostic work up, final restoration and patient anatomy.
The true measure is the marriage of skill, experience and treatment planning, including all the wide array of diagnostic tools. That's the difference between placing an implant and positioning it precisely!

In brief: Depends

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dental implants

The answer to your question is, false.
Not all dentist are highly trained in dental implant placement. It is a definite skill and there are a lot of variables. Implants can fail if placed at a bad angle, incorrect placement can also lead to esthetic issues, loosened screws, bone loss and more. Highly trained dentists will use a surgical guide, 3D planning, and the right type of implant.

In brief: Dental implants

The answer to your question is, false.
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Jack Binder
Many highly trained dentists realize they don't need a surgical guide or 3-D planning for a simple implant placement, especially of a single implant.
Dr. Jay Sher
Dentistry

In brief: Not exactly true!

The ease or difficulty with implant placement varies considerable with every case.
There are certain areas of the jaw that are easier than others and could be accomplished by most practitioners who have some experience with dental implants. There are other areas and circumstances that elevate the difficulty significantly so the more experience, the better you will probably be.

In brief: Not exactly true!

Dr. Jay Sher
Dr. Jay Sher
Dr. Jack Binder
Dentistry

In brief: True

There are implants, and there are implants.
Many implants are easy to place, some are more difficult. It depends on the amount of bone and gum you have at the implant site, as well as the anatomy of the site. I am a general dentist and I place simple and complex implants. Don't hesitate to ask your chosen dental implantologist how much training and experience they have.

In brief: True

Dr. Jack Binder
Dr. Jack Binder
Dr. Peter Kurzweil