Scared have colon cancer family history 60+. Yellow brown stool occasional gas. Left side back pain. Min. if not any stomach pain. Started 2 weeks ago?

Dr. Hans Jeppesen

In brief: Try not to worry

The symptoms you describe are not consistent with colon cancer.
My recommendation is for you to develop a plan with your primary care doctor for screening for colon cancer. Based on current guidelines in a patient with your positive family history, I recommend having a screening colonoscopy at age 40, or possibly 35. However, if you have blood in your stools, you should have colonoscopy. B well

In brief: Try not to worry

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery