How to deal with depression?

Depression. Depression is a complicated illness whose solution depends on the patient. There are 2 primary approaches to depression that are complementary, meaning that they can be used together or perhaps independently: psychotherapy and medication. Each patient should consult their doctor to decide which approach is right for them or if a combination is appropriate.
Depression. Before you deal with any disease the following steps have to happen 1. You need to make sure you have the correct diagnosis. Board certified psychiatrist or any other physcian will make that diagnosis. Also licensed psychologist with the proper testing will be able to help 2. If depression is really there, you need to see what medication will work thru a simple genetic test done in any physicians.
Great question. There are different approaches. The traditional medicine recommends pills (antidepressants) and counseling. Both have been shown to work, with the medication approach being more effective. I find that a number of other interventions may be helpful such as light exposure (getting light box works), exercise, getting out of house, joining a gym, church, having good support group, resolving problems.