Is it possible to have an inflamed prostate/prostatitis from diverticulitis?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Very unlikely,...

I assumed you meant colonic diverticulitis, which should not cause prostatitis because GI-tract and GU-tract is anatomically separate.
But occasionally, colonic diverticulitis may extend and erode its surrounding tissue into the bladder to form enterovesical fistula, which induces bacterial UTI which may in turn cause prostate infection, but rarely occurring. So, very unlikely; if any, rare.

In brief: Very unlikely,...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
It is nice of you to let HealthTap and its doctor know the answer was very helpful. They appreciate your kindness, thanks, and trust. If you wish to explore more on life reality, welcome to read articles in http://formefirst.com/Basics-SelfImprovement.htm.
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery