Had UTI, took Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) and 1 diflucan pill to take after. 2 weeks later have a lot of burning in vulva and itchiness. Is this a yeast infection?

Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: UTI treatment

Frequently Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) will successfully treat the bug causing your UTI.
But sometimes not. I would get a mid-stream collection of your urine at the lab and send it for a culture and sensitivity. That test will what antibiotics will kill the bug. Your doc can check to see if you have a yeast infection. I counsel women to eat yogurt with live cultures when I prescribe an antibiotic.

In brief: UTI treatment

Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham