How often is neonatal jaundice an indication that a newborn has viral meningitis?

Dr. James Goodrich
Neurosurgery

In brief: Jaundice

Neonatal jaundice and viral meningitis are two totally different problem and not related.

In brief: Jaundice

Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. James Goodrich

In brief: Rarely if ever

I have never seen it happen in three decades and more than 3000 newborns, many of which had some jaundice.
The fetus can acquire any infection the mother suffers that has a blood phase & this includes things like chickenpox, herpes, CMV and others. They can also develop a neo-natal infection in the first 4 weeks that could delay liver clearance of common jaundice.

In brief: Rarely if ever

Dr. Eric Weisman