I have a pulled groin. I ice it whenever I can, but it's not getting better. Now, it's starting to move down my leg. Should I have my md look at it?

Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

Yes, you should see your doctor for your pain.
What you are experiencing may be referred pain. Causes could be a strained muscle or a pinched nerve possibly from your back, hip problem, hernia or other causes. If it is indeed a "pulled groin muscle" you might benefit from physical therapy.

Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
2 comments
Dr. Hallie Robbins
Both men and women can have pelvic pain in the groin. It's very important to see your doctor if you're having difficulties with your bowel or bladder or sexual functions, moving or walking, or persistent / worsening pain. Nerves in your back also go to groin muscles so may be referred. Coccyx and sacrum can be tweaked - say from a fall on your tailbone. Manual medical treatment as well as PT and n
Dr. Hallie Robbins
neurobiofeedback or trigger point injections can help.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

You may have sustained more than just a pulled groin or adductor muscle strain.
You may have a pinched nerve from your back radiating down the leg. You may also have pain in the groin radiating from the hip. Go for an orthopedic exam and xray.

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine