My veins are popping out of my foot by my ankle, and my foot becomes numb occasionally. what is going on? my lower leg tingles too.

Dr. Zach Patrick
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Varicose Veins

You have back flow of the veins in your legs.
This causes the bulging and swelling in the leg and foot due to excess fluid in the leg that normally would be moved out by the veins. This swelling compresses the nerves and causes the irritation. You can see a vein doctor to be evaluated for a corrective procedure.

In brief: Varicose Veins

Dr. Zach Patrick
Dr. Zach Patrick

In brief: Venous congestion

Since you say "foot" and not "feet" I'll assume it's one side only.
Veins have a very weak wall so any added pressure within the vein will cause them to appear distended or "popping out". Usually if it is one side only we tend to concentrate on finding a local cause rather than a systemic problem such as hypertension. This should be examined. I recommend seeing your primary care physician

In brief: Venous congestion

Dr. Stephen Arbes
Dr. Stephen Arbes
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology

In brief: Venous issues

Please consult with us to see a photo and to assess for possible VI, a lack of oxygen, or nerve based issue.

In brief: Venous issues

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery