Hi for over a week now my finger next to my thumb on my right hand keeps on twitching like a jerking movement like it tightens and spasms . Age 35?

Dr. Robert Shapiro
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Spasm

Many possible causes.
If it's just that one finger, you may be developing a trigger finger which may be able to be cured or significantly helped by a properly placed steroid injection. If you are having spasms in other muscles in your body, other potential causes may be an electrolyte imbalance (potassium, calcium) or the onset of a neurological disorder, so see a doctor.

In brief: Spasm

Many possible causes.
Dr. Robert Shapiro
Dr. Robert Shapiro
Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: This kind of

"twitching" is usually due to fatigue of the very small muscles (called "interosseus" muscles ) of your hand /fingers.
Are you right handed. How do you USE your right hand at work??? at home??? sports???Hobbies?? Can try to "work this out" Join HealthTap Prime and my "address" is www.Healthtap.com\richardzimon Hope this helps! Dr Z

In brief: This kind of

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon