What else can I give my 2 year old for a sore throat other then tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen ?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Honey, popsicles

Not much else to do medication wise.
Chloraseptic works great, and you can gargle it instead of spray it, but two years olds wont do either approach. Honey plain or in a little decaf tea can help coat and soothe. Popsicles work to cool and soothe as well. Pedialyte popsicles also help keep hydrated, so yuo can try those too.

In brief: Honey, popsicles

Not much else to do medication wise.
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Jay Park

In brief: Let baby's Doc decid

First, true sore throat in toddlers is not as common as in older children.
Have your child checked by pediatrician to determine if or not toddler has a clear source of sore throat, e.g., blistery sore on soft palate. Short course of tylenol (acetaminophen) with codein or one dose of Dexamethasone can do a trick.

In brief: Let baby's Doc decid

Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park