Is it likely that I have ANA (1:640 nucleolar, 1:320 speckled) just because my mother had lupus/MCTD and ctd's ran in her family? Should I be screened for cancer (MRIs etc.) as I read case studies of ANA+ca? No symptoms of any disease, blood etc. ok.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not cancer

Your blood test findings and a history of autoimmune diseases in our family indicate a higher risk in developing an autoimmune disease.
I am not aware of any link to cancer however. Instead of worrying yourself sick about this risk, just be aware of the probability and inform the doctors re. this finding should you develop symptoms suggestive of an autoimmune disorder.

In brief: Not cancer

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: Suggest

Rheumatologist evaluation.
Your ANA is significantly positive. Your result needs correlation with other labs as well as clinical picture

In brief: Suggest

Rheumatologist evaluation.
Dr. Marsha Davis