My nephew has a spider bite on his left lower leg. It is red, swollen and tender. I'm a nurse and have some antibiotics-Is Septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) or Keflex better?

NEITHER!!!!!! Spider bites are RARE. He probably has something else. NO ANTIBIOTIC IS OF ANY USE FOR REACTIONS TO SPIDER VENOM!!! Unless he saw and felt the attack, then took the spider for identification, assume it is something else. Brown recluse and black widow spiders in USA are found almost exclusively in the southwest quadrant. Where are you? Ordinary spiders are completely harmless.