The top of my right foot is numb and has been for a week. I recently had an IV put in during a hospital visit, could this be a clot?

Dr. Dale Vancil
Podiatry

In brief: Unusual

Numbness, limited to the top of the foot, is unusual.
It is certainly not related to an IV started in your arm or hand previously. Consider any new shoes or activities that you have been recently doing. It is possible for a localized nerve entrapment, under those circumstances, see your local area podiatrist.

In brief: Unusual

Dr. Dale Vancil
Dr. Dale Vancil

In brief: Usually not

Was ivput on your foot or arm? Superficial perineal nerve could be injured however emg/ncv study can help to diagnose.

In brief: Usually not

Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Eric Weisman