I started period on July 17 ended July 22. My husband and I have sex regularly but I started birth control end of June. Any idea why I'm spotting now?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control.
It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working.

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Dr. Jane Van Dis