Will a uterine ablation help pain and heavy bleeding from fibroids..I have that option or a hysterectomy. 41 years old..No children. Severely anemic.

Dr. Neil Halin
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: UFE

Have you consulted with an interventional radiologist regarding uterine fibroid embolization (ufe)? This procedure is usually a great option for women with symptomatic fibroids.
It is minimally invasive (tiny incision in your groin) and treats fibroids in any portion of your uterus, not just ones that can be reached through the uterine cavity.

In brief: UFE

Dr. John Lipman
Agree with Dr. Halin. The ablation is not the best choice here. It does not address the fibroid which is the problem. The fibroid causes not only bleeding which the ablation can address but it also causes pain and bulk related symptoms ( ex. increased urinary frequency) which ablation does nothing for. UFE knocks out the fibroids which again are the problem. Your doctor should have mentioned UFE.
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Depends how big

And where the fibroids are located in the uterus or possible a myomectomy I do ablation in the office and usually works quite well but i would ahve to know how many fibroids and where they are before i would rec that for u if u have intra cavitary fibroids many times a myosure can be done to remove the fibroids.

In brief: Depends how big

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham