I tried paxil, (paroxetine) celexa, bupropion, mirtazapine and ECT--can my depression ever be helped? I'm 36 and I've lost everything and everybody that cared.

Try GOOD therapy. The help of a therapeutic relationship is basic to improvement - ALL research shows that drugs work much better w/ it and you'd need less for less time. You'd learn about managing yourself and the symptoms and practice interacting w/ others better. It's true for almost everyone. You may need to try a few till you find a good fit (not liking, but working well together) but that's normal.