Itchy lower vagina and anus, not constant. I've seen my dr and taken meds nothing helps. I have a lot of normal vaginal discharge, is this causing it?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: It could be

It could be causing the itching by an infected discharge running over the vulva and anus.
Have your MD re examine for the same, and if reluctant get a 2nd opinion from a GYN MD.

In brief: It could be

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Lyndon Taylor

In brief: Vaginal itching

The most common reason for a discharge with itching is a yeast infection.
If this discharge dribbles down it can also cause rectal itching. Your doctor can check the ph of your vagina, and do a KOH wet mount to look under the microscope to diagnose yeast. Yeast can be easily treated locally with monistat,terazol (terconazole) or nystatin cream. See your gynecologist.

In brief: Vaginal itching

Dr. Lyndon Taylor
Dr. Lyndon Taylor
Dr. Adam Levy