Gums bleed every time I brush. If fluoride enters the blood is this bad? Can you have an OD if it directly enters blood? Thanks

In brief: Fluoride

Unless you eat an entire tube of toothpaste at one sitting you have nothing to worry about.
I'd be more concerned about your bleeding gums and gingivitis/periodontitis than I would be about fluoride toxicity. You really should see a dentist if your gums bleed that much.

In brief: Fluoride

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Bleeding gums

Fluoride, from toothpaste, in drinking water, or fluoride mouth wash, is provided in therapeutic dose, not at toxic levels.
Fluoride is not the concern, bleeding gums are. Usually means infection. Important that you see Dentist immediately for treatment or referral to a gum specialist, a Periodontist. Gum disease will not self-heal. Seek professional help.

In brief: Bleeding gums

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Adam Smith