I do not want to be dependent on medication for high blood pressure, is there any alternatives?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Treat high BP.

Hypertension can be treated without medication.
Regular cardiovascular exercise, at least five days per week. DASH diet - salt < 2000mg daily, fiber (> 35 grams daily for women and > 50 grams daily for men), lean protein sources and complex carbohydrates. Stress reduction - meditation and such. Sleep 6-9 hours nightly. Don't smoke cigarettes - ever.

In brief: Treat high BP.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Pathology

In brief: It's your choice

Forgive my frankness.
Hypertension is mostly genetic. If a low salt diet (helpful) and exercise (marginally useful for this) do not control your blood pressure, and you still refuse scientific appropriate meds, your "natural healing" preference will cost you your mind first, and then your life. Get the facts and make the right choice.

In brief: It's your choice

Forgive my frankness.
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: Don't be foolish

If lifestyle changes, weight loss, & other nonpharmacological measures don't lower your BP enough, take the pills.
It's not like being "dependent" on opiates for pain control. HTN is one of the scourges of the human race. Drugs to control it are among medicine's greatest achievements. Take the word of someone who's seen just how catastrophic uncontrolled HTN can be. Ignore this at your peril.

In brief: Don't be foolish

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Steven Seres