If I'm in therapy for body dysmorphia as well as depression and anxiety, would a psychiatrist, who I'd seek out at the advice of my therapist, be willing to prescribe, if appropriate, antidepressants that do not promote weight gain at my request?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Body dysmorphic

Disorder. Please do discuss medication w/the psychiatrist to whom you are referred.
it sounds like your current therapist is working hard to help you. Does he/she specialize in Body Dysmorphic Disorder? If not, consider getting a second opinion as well. Several points of view can be very helpful. Peace and good health as you grow into letting go of real/imagined flaws you see.

In brief: Body dysmorphic

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif