I have a lump in the back of my neck about one square inch big and it hurts. I had it for 8 months but now it hurts. It is hard to sleep.

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: See doctor...

You need to have this examined by your doctor to figure out what it is and to get it treated.
If it has been there for 8 months, it is not going to go away on its own. There are many possibilities of what this could be but it can't be diagnosed without examining it-need to know if it is discolored, how hard or soft it is, its exact location, etc. Please see your doctor to get this taken care of.

In brief: See doctor...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti