How long will it take for my swollen knuckles/hand to go back to normal? If it is fractured do I have to go to hospital?

Dr. Shannon Stinson
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It takes time

Did you injure your hand? Swelling can last for a variable period of time depending on if it is broken or sprained and exactly what the injury is.
Between 1-3 weeks would not be unusual. You can apply an ace wrap, apply ice to the area (20 minutes on/20 minutes off), and elevate above heart level to help with the swelling. You will need to have an x-ray done to determine if it is broken.

In brief: It takes time

Dr. William Forsythe