Why does my back hurt so bad when I wake up in the morning, but 2 hours later the pain is completely gone?

Dr. Noel So
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: It depends

There could be a few reasons.
The simplest is, it could just be your bed. You should also try and exercise more throughout the day. You will sleep better, and studies show that exercise decreases pain. If your symptoms persist despite these considerations, you should seek evaluation for other possible causes, such as an inflammatory arthritis.

In brief: It depends

There could be a few reasons.
Dr. Noel So
Dr. Noel So
Dr. Cheryl White
Pain Management

In brief: Facet joint pain

This happens to me.
Getting out of bed is a chore. But once active i feel great. I do not treat it unless the symptoms go on during the day and then only with otc's. The bed can certainly be the cause also.

In brief: Facet joint pain

This happens to me.
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Arnon Rubin