My pubic hair has changed from being curly to straight, also is now shedding more than in the past. I have scalp hair loss as well, which was diagnosed as telogen effluvium by a term. Now doubting diagnosis...is full body alopecia more likely?

Hair loss . If you have noticed hair shedding in the scal and pubic hair straightening go to your primary care physician. May be have to see a dermatologist.
Same thing. Telogen effluvium is likely to affect all the hair on any part of your skin. "Full body" alopecia is not a diagnosis. The important question is to speculate about the reason. Telogen effluvium is caused by something. There are many possible causes.