I had surgery almost 4 months ago on my abdomen, would it hurt to start exercising?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Probably not.

This would depend on the type of surgery you had performed on you, how you healed and what you general health is and what kind of exercise you are going to do.
In all fairness you should discuss this with your surgeon. I'd bet a phone call to the doctor's nurse could yield you an answer. Start low and go slow! report any problems.

In brief: Probably not.

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: No

A person can usually return to most normal activities and exercises after about 6 weeks following an abdominal surgery, unless there was something unusual or very difficult in your operation.
Your surgeon can tell you when to return to normal activities.

In brief: No

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner

In brief: No

At 4 months your incission should be well healed.
You will have experienced considerable muscle atrophy so it is important to start out slow.

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine