Bad pain in my groin going down my legs comes and goes. I have a herniated disk in lower back and have no injuries as of late to cause a herniations ?

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Pinched nerve

Sounds like a pinched nerve to me they can come on for no apparent reason if not better soon then see your doctor.

In brief: Pinched nerve

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology

In brief: Evaluation

You do need to be seen by physician to do differential diagnoses.

In brief: Evaluation

Dr. Boris Aronzon
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Sciatica

True sciatica is leg pain that shoots from back, down the leg past the knee.
This mimics the path of the sciatic nerve, thus it's name. I presume you have already been evaluated since you have hnp diagnosis. Can be treated non-surgically if not getting worse with mckenzie pt, nsaid's, nerve root injections, and surgery if all else fails. Simple bend/twist causes hnp, trauma not necessary.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Vikram Patel