I am getting a splenectomy because I have ITP and I wanted to know if I get my spleen removed will my body still be able to fight off my acne & worts?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: No problem

Splenectomy wont cause problems with acne and other skin conditions.
What is recommended however is that because of diminished cellular immunity a splenectomized patient is succeptible to pneumococcal pneumonia and as such a vaccine for the potential pneumonia is given.

In brief: No problem

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen
Pathology

In brief: Stop worrying

Forgive my frankness.
Despite all the natural-healing talk about immunity and your spleen and all, it's got little or nothing to do with controlling your acne. Medication is available to to manage acne of all levels of severity and you owe it to yourself to address this with your physician. Same with your warts. Spleen protects you from encapsulated bacteria; you'll be immunized, etc.

In brief: Stop worrying

Forgive my frankness.
In addition to getting your pneumococcal immunization, get seen by a physician if you ever get a fever and don't know why, without delay
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery