I was having acidity & wet burps. Last Wednesday my GP prescribed Rabeum 20(1 tab/day) & digestive enzyme(2 tabs/day). It stopped the acidity, heartbrn but still I get burp, gas & food/liquid comes up in the food pipe.It happens after meal. Is it CA?

Dr. Laura Yauch

In brief: Reflux

Your description is of reflux not cancer. The medications help decrease acid, but do not stop the mechanical reflux.
Try eating smaller amounts of food, avoid spicy items and do not lay down for at least 2 hrs after you eat. Let your GP know that you are still having problems. Long term exposure to acid can lead to Barrett's esophagus, which can be related to esophageal cancer if left unchecked

In brief: Reflux

Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine