I bit my gumline and got a canker sore (not outbreak). I gave oral sex. What are the chances of transmitting hsv1?

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Use protection

Not because of the recent outbreak, but for your general protection.
Hsv-1 & 2 shed even when there is no visible outbreak and this is when most transmissions occur. Use protection regardless.

In brief: Use protection

Dr. Scott Terry
Dentistry

In brief: Virus vs canker sore

The answer depends upon your viral status.
Herpes is a virus, canker sores are not. If you have herpes you should not kiss or have oral sex, nor should you share cups, spoons, etc. It is a communicable disease. Canker sores are known as aphthous ulcers. They are probably autoimmune disorders, but are not spreadable. You need to see a knowledgeable dentist to find out which sores you have.

In brief: Virus vs canker sore

Dr. Jane Van Dis