Boyfriend has scabies and so does his sister and brothers. I just started itching today, no rash. Can I use the prescribed cream to prevent it?

Dr. Florence Nwofor

In brief: Get treated

However consult your doctor for your own Rx as the risk of under treatment is higher if you have to share.
Everyone affected should be treated at the same time and depending on how intimate the contact is, attention to linens and clothing items to disinfect them will prevent re infection. I usually recommend stuffing all items in large plastic bag for 3 days, then launder using hot water/dryer.

In brief: Get treated

Dr. Florence Nwofor
Dr. Florence Nwofor